Basic Science, MS
Cost: per credit hour
Clarkson University offers a Master’s degree in Basic Science for qualified students who desire graduate study within the sciences, with a focus that does not fit within one of the degree programs already established. The Basic Science MS program also provides a platform for specialization in Biology.
Clarkson also offers Master of Arts in Teaching degrees with specific focus in Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Mathematics, Technology and Physics. Learn More.
Completion of an MS degree in Basic Science requires that the student meet the minimum university requirements for the Master’s degree, as found in the current Clarkson Catalog:
- A minimum of 30 credit hours of graduate coursework, as follows:
- At least 20 hours of course and seminar work. The balance of coursework must be consistent with the research or professional experience component.
- Only courses numbered 500 and above are accepted for graduate credit.
- 10 credit hours of transfer credit (B grade or better) may be accepted.
- Satisfactory completion of a research or comparable professional experience, as follows:
- A written thesis based on independent research;
- A comprehensive examination; or,
- An appropriate, professionally oriented special project.
- At least one academic year of study beyond the B.S.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 in courses used to meet graduation requirements.
- All work must be completed in five years.
Additional graduation requirements may be set by the research advisor or primary department.